TVs are a big purchase. They’re expensive and they’re one-time use electronics. Not to mention, TV technology changes so fast that it can be hard to keep up with the latest and greatest. With this year’s best TVs coming out, we thought it was time to make a list of what we think will be the top TVs for 2022.
We’ve broken down our choices by budget and have taken into account things like screen size, refresh rate, inputs, and other specs that might matter for you. In addition to our picks for the best TVs of 2022, we also have a few lists to help you find the best TV for your needs today.
The Best TVs Today: This is where you’ll find the best 4K Smart TVs for under $1,000 or if you want a TV with a big ol’ screen but don’t want to spend more than $500 on a smart TV.
The Top 10 TV’s of 2022
1. LG C8: A nice 4K TV with great picture quality, a beautiful design, and a fairly reasonable price.
2. Samsung QLED: The best of the best as far as TVs go with top-of-the-line picture quality and color performance.
3. Sony Bravia A8F OLED: If you want to go big or go home then this is the TV for you with an awesome design and awesome colors that will blow your mind.
4. Sony XBRX900E: This is one of the cheaper 4K TVs we’re looking at and it’s still awesome because it has awesome features like HDR10+, an awesome design, and its native Android TV OS makes it ultra-smart for browsing the web or streaming movies from Netflix or YouTube.
5. TCL R617: For those of us who don’t want to spend more than $500 on a TV, this is your best bet with excellent 4K picture quality and smart functionality at a cheap price point.
6. TCL 6 Series (55R617): This set offers excellent picture quality for an affordable price that should make any budget happy while not skimping on features like HDR10+ compatibility or Dolby Vision support which are becoming more common in modern TVs.
7. Samsung NU8000 (50 inches): If you want to watch the game in style then this 50-inch set offers excellent picture quality without breaking your bank account while also offering up
What to Look For When You’re Buying a TV
TVs are a big purchase, and as such, it’s important to consider what you’re buying before you buy it.
The first thing you’ll want to think about is size. TVs come in a variety of sizes and resolutions. The most common sizes are 32 inches, 40 inches, 50 inches, and 60inch. For the most part, bigger is better and if you can afford to go up in size then that’s usually your best bet. If not, don’t worry – there are plenty of quality choices for smaller televisions too!
Next up is the TV’s refresh rate. Refresh rate refers to how many times per second the image on the screen is updated with new information. This may sound like something that doesn’t really affect your viewing experience but it actually does have an impact on things like motion blur or input lag.
As far as inputs go, this depends on what other devices you have hooked up to your TV. Most TVs have at least one HDMI port so if you have a gaming console or blu-ray player then that’s all you’ll need for input into your TV. Some TVs also have USB ports that allow access for charging devices or playing media files off of a flash drive or external hard drive (HDD).
Last but not least are smart features – these are pretty standard on all new models but it’s worth checking out if this is something that interests you or might be nice to save some money by getting a TV without these
The Best 4K TV for Under $1,000
When it comes to 4K TVs, sometimes you pay for what you get. That doesn’t always mean that the more expensive TV is better; it just means that they’re made with higher quality and more features.
We found that the LG UJ6300 is one of the best TVs for under $1,000. It’s a 4K TV with a 60Hz refresh rate and is HDR compatible. It has an IPS panel with local dimming, which is good for picture quality. It also has 3 HDMI ports and 1 USB port as well as built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity.
The Best Cheap TV
for Your Money
Not everyone wants to spend a fortune on their TV, but they still want something that looks great and can handle streaming. If you’re looking for the best cheap TV for your money, here are some of the best options for you.
LG 55-inch 4K Smart TV: This TV is excellent for its price range, with HDR image quality and large screen size. Plus, it has Wi-Fi so you can stream all of your favorite movies and shows without any hassle.
The Sony XBR55X900F 55-inch 4K Smart TV: For just under $1,000, this is the perfect option if you’re looking for a good smart TV with great features at a reasonable price.
The Samsung QN55Q7FN 55-inch 4K Smart TV: Unlike many other TVs on this list, this one also has AMD FreeSync Technology. It’s also got an amazing refresh rate and supports multiple inputs to make it easy to connect all of your devices.
Maybe you had high hopes for your favorite TV series coming back on the air after the holidays. Maybe you’ve been waiting to find out what happens next on your favorite show. Or maybe you’re just tired of watching Netflix on your computer and want to get an upgrade to your TV for the New Year.
But before you go out and get that new TV, it’s important to know what you’re looking for, how to get it, and what the best options are that are out there. There are so many TVs out there, and they all come at different price points with different features.
Luckily, we’ve done some of the work for you. We compiled a list of some of the best TVs of 2022, so you can find the perfect one for your home.